Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Suba Suresh <su...@wolfram.com> on 2006/06/23 13:35:43 UTC

no such entry: "Workbook"

Hi!

	I am very very new to the poi package. I am using it to extract text
for lucene indexing. I tried the poi alpha3.0 and poi 2.5 jars. I am
getting the following exception when it is creating HSSFWorkbook. My
code is there. I looked into HSSFWorkbook src code. I could'nt find
anything. When I googled I found that those error show up if it is Excel'95.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: no such entry: "Workbook"

POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(is);
System.out.println("Getting Workbook");
HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to fix it?? Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
suba suresh.

Re: no such entry: "Workbook"

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Suba Suresh wrote:
> When I googled I found that those error show up if it is Excel'95.

That's probably it then. From http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/index.html
we have

"HSSF is the POI Project's pure Java implementation of the Excel
'97(-2002) file format."

If you have an Excel 95 file, then unfortunately POI can't read it.

Nick

RE: no such entry: "Workbook"

Posted by BirendarSingh Waldiya <bw...@cisco.com>.
POI api say the version of xls must be excel 97 or above .
Lower version are not supported

Thanks & Regards
Birendar S Waldiya