Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2005/09/18 21:32:42 UTC

new Tools JIRA project

Hi,

What do you think about creating a separate JIRA project for Velocity-Tools?  I think I have Karma to do this.

The reason is that I'd like to start categorizing all Velocity bugs for different releases.  But Tools is on a different release schedule.  I think we could move all open Tools bugs by hand (there doesn't seem to be a lot) and skip the import issues.

Nathan, Tim, others - comments?

Best,
WILL

Re: new Tools JIRA project

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
I suspect reporters will frequently fail to set either option correctly :-)

Which is easiest for the developers?  I'm guessing that changing Component
to Tools and the release schedule to "Tools 1.2" is probably pretty easy.

In any case, it's the job of the developers to assign to a release so this
has to be done regardless.

WILL

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: new Tools JIRA project

Re: new Tools JIRA project

Posted by sgtmcd <sg...@sgtmcd.com>.

Re: new Tools JIRA project

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Good idea, thanks.  I'm okay with changing release names to "Tools 1.2" and
"Core 1.5".  I'll wait for comments from the Tools people.

WILL

Re: new Tools JIRA project

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.