Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/17 14:54:34 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-86: Configurable SASL callback handlers

Hi all,

I have made some updates to this KIP to simplify addition of new SASL
mechanisms:

   1. The Login interface has been made configurable as well (we have had
   this interface for quite some time and it has been stable).
   2.  The callback handler properties for client-side and server-side have
   been separated out since we would never use the same classes for both.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,

Rajini

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
To support extensibility for SASL/OAuth as described in KIP-255
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=75968876>,
I have added an extra config sasl.login.callback.handler.class. This
implements the same interface as the other callback handlers. Default
behaviour will be unchanged.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

Rajini

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,