Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bennett, Tony" <Be...@con-way.com> on 2008/11/17 17:06:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Need 'configure' directive to statically link openssl's libssl.a and libcrypto.a

Version:        Apache httpd version 2.2.10
Platform:       AIX 5.3
SSL Version:    OpenSSL 0.9.8f

Try as I might, I can't figure out what directive to give "configure" to enable
statically linking libssl.a and libcrypto.a  into  httpd.

In case it makes a difference, the OpenSSL was obtained from IBM,
via the "AIX Toolbox Cryptographic Content" link off of their Linux Toolbox download page.

Lastly, here is a link to the answer I got from the comp.unix.aix list telling me that static linking is possible:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.aix/browse_thread/thread/230606fe96ad4798?hl=en#

Any help would be appreciated.

-tony