Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/27 19:48:34 UTC

Feedback sought for reorg of documentation

Based on a discussion with Carlos and Rob on a PR related to the php runtime I reorganized and split our docs introducing actions (create, invoke) and the language specific parts.

I’m working up toward adding a doc that describes how to add a new runtime (and refactoring of the tests to also provide some parity and commonality).

PR:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3816

And link to new action doc directly: https://github.com/rabbah/openwhisk/blob/7b51dc6cb03af70c4aeba51faa6004c91f840f89/docs/actions.md

-r

Re: Feedback sought for reorg of documentation

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
+100 this is great

Related to the topic but something can be done afterwards we have the base

Deprecate the docker sdk, and instead have more clear docs on how to build
an image runtime from scratch or use the base one dockerskeleton or  use
one of the existing ones for a language by extending them to overcome the
zip limit or just make simpler to not deal with zips.

-cs