Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2002/02/15 14:53:41 UTC

Re: Tool to create XSL:FO without stylesheet from Java?

On Friday 15 February 2002 15:47, Roland wrote:
> does anyone have a good tool to create an XSL:FO file without the use
> of a stylesheet?

You might want to look at jdom (www.jdom.org), a very nice DOM
manipulation library for java.

Saxon (http://users.iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon) is also a good choice for
this.

And if you do a search on google with "jdom saxon xml" you'll find a
few more such libraries.

> The reason I want to do this is because I think XSLT is
> very complicated.

IMHO XSLT is worth learning - the combination of XSLT with java is
killer for working with XML.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++