Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Pradipta Nayak <pr...@convergenttec.com> on 2010/07/03 11:49:30 UTC

net a application that search on desktop (office 2003 and 2007 and pdf and other files

Hi  I am writing on behalf of Convergent Technogies, Gurgaon,india

 I gone through one of your Application "Desktop Search Application: Part
1"[ http://www.codeproject.com/script/Articles/ArticleVersion.aspx?aid=10692
<http://www.codeproject.com/script/Articles/ArticleVersion.aspx?aid=10692&av
=49782> &av=49782]

 and use that

                Feel it very good for search but it's not able search the
office 2007 files and pdf files .

Actually we want it for our client if it fits to our requirement then we can
processed for licensed version.

 If other than this application there are some other who can deliver more
please mention . Kindly put some demo and sample code so that we can check
completely .

Thanks & Regards

Pradipta Nayak

Senior Team Member

Convergent Technologies

Gurgaon, India

+91-124-4062773 (Work) |

+91-124-4063773 (Work) | +91 9953728128(Cell)

RE: net a application that search on desktop (office 2003 and 2007 and pdf and other files

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
Lucene indexes only text(string) data.(It is not an complete desktop app. It
just provides a framework for writing your own search)
To index word,pdf etc you have to convert them to text before indexing.
Googling for windows' Ifilter interface, Pdfbox, word2text may be a good
starting point.

DIGY