Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vijay <vi...@flatworldindia.com> on 2009/07/14 16:33:21 UTC

Steps to record HTTP request

Hi

Kindly guide me thru recording http request

Steps followed:

1.	From work bench, created a Non test element -> Http proxy server
2.	In http proxy server pane

a.	Checked Attempt https spoofing

3.	Test plan content

a.	Target controller - Workbench->http proxy server
b.	Grouping - Add separators between groups

4.	HTTP sampler settings

a.	Type - HTTP request
b.	Checked 'Redirect automatically, Checked follow redirects and
clicked on Start button

5.	Then started accessing the application in server (not thru web, thru
lan)

Nothing is getting recorded

Could any one please guide me the steps to record HTTP requests, since I am
new to Jmeter

Thanks

Vijay

Re: Steps to record HTTP request

Posted by Jose Pablo Sarco <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Try reading this guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf

Best Regards,

Jose

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
no javascript support, AJAX requests are supported depending on what you
want (an AJAX request is still an HTTP request).

The main thing is JMeter is not a browser , it can make HTTP requests and
get its response . If you want to run a test within a browser then you
should look at Selenium/QTP/Watir (but none of these are load test tools)
Jmeter is sort of equivalent to load Runner

regards
deepak

Posted by Vijay <vi...@flatworldindia.com>.
Hi Deepak