Posted to users@hop.apache.org by Florian CHEVALIER <fl...@mind-and-go.com> on 2021/07/19 08:41:48 UTC

How to use FTPS action

Hello everyone,

Sorry for this question, I'm new too Apache Hop, but I've found on the documentation an action which is called "Get a File with FTP"S (link right here : https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html).
For some reason, I can't find it when I try to create an action on my workflow. I can see the action to get a file with FTP or SFTP (same for sending a file), but nothing for FTPS.
Not sure if I need to add another plugin or something, or if I'm just blind. In any case, any help will be really much appreciated.

Regards,
Florian Chevalier

Re: How to use FTPS action

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,

If you create a pipeline and add a "Get variables" transform you can fetch
the ${java.home} Variable, this will contain the java that is being used.
You can use the Preview button to see the value
https://i.snipboard.io/Cd7JaA.jpg
I am not sure you can bypass the certification validation by setting a java
property.

Cheers,
Hans

Re: How to use FTPS action

[1] [ [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3102 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3102 ] | [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3102 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3102 ] ]

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 at 08:34, Florian CHEVALIER < [ mailto: [ mailto:florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com | florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com ] | [ mailto:florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com | florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com ] ] > wrote:

[...]

[1] [ [ [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems ] | [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems ] ] | [ [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems ] | [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/vfs.html#_apache_hop_vfs_file_systems ] ] ]
[2] [ [ [ https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS | https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS ] | [ https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS | https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS ] ] | [ [ https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS | https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS ] | [ https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS | https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTPS ] ] ]
[3] [ [ [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 ] | [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 ] ] | [ [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 ] | [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-3098 ] ] ]

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 10:41, Florian CHEVALIER < [ mailto: [ mailto: [ mailto:florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com | florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com ] | [ mailto:florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com | florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com ] ] | [ mailto: [ mailto:florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com | florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com ] | [ mailto:florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com | florian.chevalier@mind-and-go.com ] ] ] > wrote:

Hello everyone,

Sorry for this question, I'm new too Apache Hop, but I've found on the documentation an action which is called "Get a File with FTP"S (link right here : [ [ [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html ] | [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html ] ] | [ [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html ] | [ https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html | https://hop.apache.org/manual/latest/workflow/actions/ftpsget.html ] ] ] ).

Re: How to use FTPS action

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to use FTPS action

The main issue seems to be Expecting // to follow the scheme in URI "ftps://test:***@ [ http://example.com/ | example.com ] ". The given URI respects the format of the documentation ftps://[ username[: password]@] hostname[: port][ absolute-path].

Re: How to use FTPS action

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,

Re: How to use FTPS action

Posted by Florian CHEVALIER <fl...@mind-and-go.com>.
Hi again,

The main issue seems to be Expecting // to follow the scheme in URI "ftps://test:***@example.com". The given URI respects the format of the documentation ftps://[ username[: password]@] hostname[: port][ absolute-path].

Re: How to use FTPS action

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,