Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2011/09/27 04:12:25 UTC

discussion: party preference and user(loginId) preference

Currently we have a userLoginId preference. What is fine for preferences
in screens etc.

However we would would like to have preferences on a party level, like
email notification preferences. This is rather difficult at the moment
because if you specify these at the userLogin level and there are 5
userlogins for a user what to do? If you only know the partyId?

System messages or orders are an example, there only partyId is known
and not the specific userloginId. We would also like to send
notifications when an email comes is, where also only partyId is known.

Any opinions here?

Regards,
Hans

--
Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
Alternative ofbiz website: http://www.ofbiz.info

Re: discussion: party preference and user(loginId) preference

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I was more showing how this model would allow easier expansion.
was not suggesting that preferences were to be proliferated.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 9/29/2011 11:57 PM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
sorry if I was not clear

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi BJ,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
#3. rename to Preferences with a TypeID added.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I like to see the item model used in orders and agreements.
this lets preferences to expand in the futures without redesign

Nicolas Malin sent the following on 9/29/2011 4:21 AM:

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@sandglass-software.com>

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.