Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Vince Iglehart <vi...@kniferiver.com> on 2016/08/09 14:12:34 UTC

Installing Camel-SQL - Unable to resolve javax.mail

Hello,
I am using Karaf 4.0.5.  I am attempting to install feature camel-sql.  When
I attempt the install I receive the following error message:

Error executing command: Unable to resolve javax.mail/1.4.5: missing
requirement [javax.mail/1.4.5] osgi.wiring.package;
filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=com.sun.mail.handlers)(version>=1.4.0))"

What does this message mean?

Re: Installing Camel-SQL - Unable to resolve javax.mail

Posted by Brad Johnson <br...@mediadriver.com>.
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/javax.mail/mail
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/javax.mail/javax.mail-api

I suspect it is related to the note in there that they moved the bundle
between the versions.  Technically that shouldn't make any difference but
if they modify the private package/exports inadvertently and didn't test it
right then it would break.  That depends on what they did internally.  But
it is a big smell that the break just seems to happen at the same version
number where Maven indicates they changed the artifact ID.

Posted by Vince Iglehart <vi...@kniferiver.com>.
I wanted to give an update to this issue in case it might help someone else.
I was able to resolve this issue thanks to Ranx.  I upgraded to Camel 2.17.3
and the problem was resolved.

Cheers

Re: Installing Camel-SQL - Unable to resolve javax.mail

Posted by Brad Johnson <br...@mediadriver.com>.
I couldn't be sure with digging into it further but you have a 1.5.x
installed, the semantic versioning indicates that the bundle you require be
something greater than 1.4.x, but you get a wiring failure.  There's a bug
reported against websockets for Camel 2.18 for just the same error and the
Maven repo shows a clear change in the bundling/jar artifact at that
point.  I don't have that javax mail bundle/jar in my local repo but you
could look in yours and crack it open and look at the exports int he
Manifest and see if it is exporting everything properly.  And compare that
to 1.4.5 for example.

You could also try Camel 2.17.2 or 2.17.3 to see if it was fixed in one of
those but I don' t know that it was.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Vince Iglehart <

Posted by Brad Johnson <br...@mediadriver.com>.

Posted by Brad Johnson <br...@mediadriver.com>.
Apparently the Camel-SQL feature has a dependency on javax.mail which is
not installed in your karaf.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Vince Iglehart <