Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/19 22:16:28 UTC

SOLR-1797 - Any news on this?

We've been getting similar problem, running on Ubuntu Server / Tomcat 6
latest.

Any ideas? When commenting out firstSearcher/newSearcher events, seem to
work, but obviously this is a problem for production machines.

Is this easy fix ? did anyone look into it ?

Thanks,
-Chak

Re: SOLR-1797 - Any news on this?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM, KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In particular, it looks like this can be traced to a non-thread safe
> iteration over infoMBeans (ArrayList) in SolrResourceLoader::inform()
>
> I looked for some recent changes to that area of code and traced it to
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1427
>
> Perhaps infoMBeans should be made synchronized? or at least cast to a
> synchornizedList for the purposes of the iteration in inform() ?

Thanks for reminding me of this Chak, I'll try and take a look at this
in the next day or so.

-Yonik

Re: SOLR-1797 - Any news on this?

Posted by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com>.