Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Haddy, Diane E" <di...@uiowa.edu> on 2016/03/18 18:13:26 UTC

display an image in pdf

Hello

I have two questions.  I would like to display a .gif image into a pdf.  Can I use PDJpeg class for .gif image?

And in this piece of code, which I got form the internet:

String imageName = "/images/arrow.gif;

  PDXObjectImage image = new PDJpeg(doc, new FileInputStream(imageName));
  PDPageContentStream content = new PDPageContentStream (doc, page)
  content.drawImage(image, 200, 500)
  content.close();

  doc.save(fileName)
  doc.close();

the file path is in the web directory of my java project.  However when I run this, I get FileNotFoundException.  Any suggestions?

Thank you
Diane

Diane Haddy

Health Care Information Systems
Application Developer
3281 Ridgeway Dr
Coralville, IA 52241
Phone  (319) 384-9725

________________________________
________________________________

Re: display an image in pdf

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 18.03.2016 um 18:13 schrieb Haddy, Diane E:
> Hello
>
> I have two questions.  I would like to display a .gif image into a pdf.  Can I use PDJpeg class for .gif image?
>
> And in this piece of code, which I got form the internet:
>
> String imageName = "/images/arrow.gif;
>
>    PDXObjectImage image = new PDJpeg(doc, new FileInputStream(imageName));
>    PDPageContentStream content = new PDPageContentStream (doc, page)
>    content.drawImage(image, 200, 500)
>    content.close();
>
>    doc.save(fileName)
>    doc.close();
>
> the file path is in the web directory of my java project.  However when I run this, I get FileNotFoundException.  Any suggestions?

Better use PDPixelMap for gif files. Just read it into a BufferedImage
with ImageIO.read().

The second problem ("file path is in the web directory of my java
project") sounds like you're doing a tomcat project.
"/images/arrow.gif"is wrong for sure, obviously your image isn't there,
maybe "images/arrow.gif" would be correct, maybe not. Do this to find
out where you are:

System.out.println (new File(".").getAbsolutePath());

then search where your image directory is relative to that.

Tilman