Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Rukshan Viduranga <ru...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2016/09/02 09:49:00 UTC

Contributing to Apache Bloodhound

Dear Developers,

   I am Rukshan Perera a undergraduate from University of Moratuwa,Sri
Lanka.

        I find Apache Bloodhound project interesting and I would to
contribute to the project. I already have a good knowledge on python and
this project seems a good fit for me to get into open source world as well.
I would like to know where I can start and get to know more about the
project.

   Web site links for IRC and others seems does not work and like to know
the places where I can get to know more details.

Rukshan Perera

Re: Contributing to Apache Bloodhound

Posted by Gary <ga...@physics.org>.
On 02/09/16 10:49, Rukshan Viduranga wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
>     I am Rukshan Perera a undergraduate from University of Moratuwa,Sri
> Lanka.
>
>          I find Apache Bloodhound project interesting and I would to
> contribute to the project. I already have a good knowledge on python and
> this project seems a good fit for me to get into open source world as well.
> I would like to know where I can start and get to know more about the
> project.
>
>     Web site links for IRC and others seems does not work and like to know
> the places where I can get to know more details.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
> Rukshan Perera

Hi Rukshan,

Sorry I have taken so long to get around to responding. Although there
are responses to other threads along the lines of this one, I'd like to
make sure you have all the information you need in your thread too!
Apache Bloodhound might well be a good fit for you as you say and so if
you are enthusiastic about the idea of contributing to an open source
project, I'll be very happy to see you getting involved.

The main issue tracker for the project is back up now and so you can
find the main page relating to how to get involved here:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing

There is an irc channel on which you might be able to get people
chatting but it is useful to get in the habit of chatting on this list
as it has the largest potential audience. That said, I am sometimes
online and in #bloodhound on freenode.

Anyway, let us know if there are any specific questions and I will be
interested to hear if you are interested in working on any particular
bits of bloodhound.

Cheers,
     Gary