Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chetan Narsude <ch...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/09/18 01:58:07 UTC

Re: [malhar-users] Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.1.0

+dev@ [ since moving away from malhar-users@ group ]

Venky,

  It looks like one of the attributes is not being deserialized
appropriately. The error message could be a little more helpful (I'll open
a ticket to do that). A way to identify the offending attribute would be to
remove all the attributes from launch.xml and add them back one by one and
trying to run the app.

Alternately you can send all the attributes from launch.xml file to us and
we can look into it.

The 2nd thing you mentioned that you noticed that  DTThrowable was
deprecated. That's not entirely true. DTThrowable continues to be supported
utility class in non deprecated capacity. The methods rethrow and
wrapIfChecked are heavily overloaded. rethrow and wrapIfChecked both check
the type of passed argument/cause and if it's not Error or
RuntimeException, wrap it in RuntimeException and throw or. Otherwise they
throw it again as it is.

Since it's very handy utility,  people started to use DTThrowable to wrap
Errors as well as RuntimeException and it's totally unnecessary to have the
redirection. You can just use throw cause and be done with it. @deprecated
is used to convey this message to developers on those overloaded methods
for just Error and RuntimeExceptions.

HTH.

--
Chetan

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
The problem was a partitioner attribute, where the class name has changed.
Instead of the cryptic error the platform should deliver a helpful error
message stating the context to make this easy to fix.

https://malhar.atlassian.net/browse/APEX-140

Posted by vk <ve...@gmail.com>.
This issue has been resolved. It is because of change in the API of
StatelessPartitioner from com.datatorrent.lib.partitioner to
com.datatorrent.common.partitioner.

Posted by vk <ve...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chetan Narsude <ch...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by vk <ve...@gmail.com>.