Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Lindholm <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 15:42:23 UTC

Disable file uploads

I have a Struts2 app that does not support any sort for file upload.
Is there any steps I could/should take to ensure file uploads are disabled?

Greg

Re: Disable file uploads

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> is there a global setting that can be added to web.xml ? or to
> struts.properties ?

Nope, there is no such thing, but I can develop a NoOp multipart
parser and add it to struts-extras

> e.g. set a global non existing upload folder
> set max file size to 0 e.t.c.

Interesting ... but the validation happens when the request got already parsed

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Disable file uploads

Posted by Jim Macalister <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Disable file uploads

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Disable file uploads

Posted by Adam Brin <ab...@digitalantiquity.org>.
One step is  to modify the struts.xml to create a custom stack that doesn’t include the file-upload interceptor.
Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278