Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Hamza Mesbahi <ha...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/16 23:26:48 UTC

Java 12 Compatibility

Hello,

I've downloaded NiFi 1.9.2. and installed it on my Windows 10 using cmd
window. I currently have Java 12 installed on my computer and executable
from Path.
When I input the following command: "Start run-nifi.bat" I get the usual
gibberish but towards the end 10-15 lines this is what I get: WARNING: An
illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.util.OSUtils
(file:/C:/Nifi/nifi-1.9.2/lib/bootstrap/nifi-bootstrap-1.9.2.jar) to method
java.lang.ProcessImpl.pid()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.util.OSUtils
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
2019-07-16 15:50:26,289 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
Failed to set permissions so that only the owner can read pid file
C:\Nifi\NIFI-1~1.2\bin\..\run\nifi.pid; this may allows others to have
access to the key needed to communicate with NiFi. Permissions should be
changed so that only the owner can read this file
2019-07-16 15:50:26,293 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
Failed to set permissions so that only the owner can read status file
C:\Nifi\NIFI-1~1.2\bin\..\run\nifi.status; this may allows others to have
access to the key needed to communicate with NiFi. Permissions should be
changed so that only the owner can read this file
2019-07-16 15:50:26,321 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command
Launched Apache NiFi with Process ID 2112
I've been doing some research and have found that for a while Nifi wasn't
compatible with Java 11, however now it is. But I have Java 12 installed,
is Nifi 1.9.2 compatible with Java 12 SDK or is that the issue resulting in
that log output?

Thanks,

Hamza

Re: Java 12 Compatibility

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Hamza,

This particular reflective access issue, as Edward mentioned, isn't
something you need to worry about.  The code that's causing that issue is
from accessing the Java 9+ Process API from code compiled on Java 8, and
was a necessary addition for getting NiFi built on Java 8 to run on Java 9+.

NIFI-5176 [1] is the task driving build compatibility for NiFi on Java 11
and it is very close to being out of draft status.  When building and
running NiFi on Java 11+, you won't see this particular warning.

Re: Java 12 Compatibility

Posted by Edward Armes <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java 12 Compatibility

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.