Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo" <Go...@sonda.com> on 2001/08/08 17:34:47 UTC

Pool max connections

Probably I just don't understand this, but isn't this weird?
My questions/remarks start with 1., 2., etc.

TurbineResources defines the following constants:

    public static final String DB_MAXCONNECTIONS_KEY =
"database.maxConnections";
    public static final String DB_EXPIRYTIME_KEY = "database.expiryTime";

TurbineConstants defines:

    public static final String DB_MAXCONNECTIONS =
"database.maxConnections";

1. Why two definitions for the same constant?

ConnectionPool defines:

    private int maxConnections = 10;
    maxConnections =
      TurbineResources.getInt("database.maxConnections", 10);

2. Why doesn't it use the constants already defined?

TurbinePoolBrokerService does:

    TurbineResources.getInt(
      getProperty(name, "maxConnections"), 10),

3. Same as (2)?

TurbineResources.properties has:

database.@DATABASE_DEFAULT@.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
database.@DATABASE_DEFAULT@.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Turbine
database.@DATABASE_DEFAULT@.username=username
database.@DATABASE_DEFAULT@.password=password
database.@DATABASE_DEFAULT@.maxConnections=3
database.@DATABASE_DEFAULT@.expiryTime=3600000

which is certainly wrong, since @DATABASE_DEFAULT@ is not being
expanded, right?

4. [This is THE real question] It seems from TR.props that maxConnections
   is a database-dependent parameter, but the code seems to show that
   this is a global parameter for all databases. Am I wrong, or is this
   an error in the code/TR.props?

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@sonda.com