Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by ravi sankar <sa...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID> on 2016/05/31 09:15:37 UTC

Tomee embedded Jaxrs flavor is packaging all the files

Hi Team,
I am using
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
            <artifactId>tomee-embedded</artifactId>
            <version>${version.tomee}</version>
            <classifier>jaxrs</classifier>
        </dependency>
and maven shade

The generated jar file has myfaces and jaxws related files.
Thanks,Ravi

Re: Tomee embedded Jaxrs flavor is packaging all the files

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

JAXRS, JAXWS and even uber shades are binaries oriented. Understand that
all resolve to the same pom.xml. You need to exclude the dependencies you
don't want (and classifier there is useless). These flavors are mainly for
2 cases:

- direct usage
- war overlay usage (then java -jar my.war)

Romain Manni-Bucau