Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com> on 2010/03/12 00:40:09 UTC

Ascii Fingerprint in C++

We are currently changing the method we use to generate source code from our Thrift IDL files. The changes we are making to our build projects are causing us to regenerate the sources, which are also checked into our source code repository. (All code generation is done on the Mac platform, but we use the generated code in Windows.)

We see one pair of foo_types.h/cpp files that are modified. However, when we examine the changes, they are only in the ascii_fingerprint and the binary_fingerprint defnitions. The rest of the class definitions are unchanged.

What causes these values to change between Thrift compiles? We suspect that someone made a change that regenerated the sources, then reverted the foo_types.h/cpp changes before checking in, but we're wondering if there is some other explanation.

Thanks,
Rush