Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Zhang Qi <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/28 08:03:02 UTC

Supportting groovy on edge service

Currently, our edge service act as a gateway of a set of microservices. In
this situation, user may want to have some logic in the edge service, for
example, they may have a logic to convert the backend message to different
devices and then response to the end user. Actually that is a very common
use case in zuul.
So, the user want to dynamic loading those logic in edge service without
restart it to protect the server from stooping service. So I am thinking
that we need to support dynamic load groovy script in the edge service
probably as Dispatcher first and then handler.
Any comments on this feature?

回复: Supportting groovy on edge service

Posted by bismy <bi...@qq.com>.
Maybe we first need to give the business model for this use case or we can just give a integration of groovy in edge and it's not a big deal.
And edge service may be deployed many instances and how to manage dynamic uploading means many security concerns.

--
张琦
Mobile:15901162453

Re: Supportting groovy on edge service

Posted by Zhang Qi <to...@gmail.com>.
any comments on this?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Current I don't know if the use case of our edge service needs the groovy
support, as the edge service spends lots of time to find right version of
service to invoke.
If we can put the dynamic routing logic in the filter chain by using the
groovy script, that could just like zuul does. But we can just use zuul for
this kind use case.

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang