Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Asif Iqbal <iq...@qwestip.net> on 2004/02/22 21:26:05 UTC

conf file

Hi All

I have a newbie question. I am running spamd. Now will it read all the
the .cf files in my /etc/mail/spamassassin dir OR just the local.cf file
in that directory to detect an spam

Thanks

P.S. I noticed the wiki.spamassassin.org page is giving connection
refused error

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

Re: conf file

Posted by Raquel Rice <ra...@thericehouse.net>.
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:56:55 -0500
Dan Bullock <da...@aspitel.com> wrote:

> Raquel Rice wrote:
>
> >It will read all the .cf files in the directory.
> >

> Are they read in no particular order?
>
> Dan

I'm not sure.  In versions prior to 2.60, I believe the rules were
named with leading numerals (i.e. 20_, 30_, etc.), and were read in
alphabetic order.  However, they are not numbered that way now, so
I'm not certain whether they are read in alphabetic order or not.

--
Raquel
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the

Re: conf file

Posted by Jonathan Tai <jo...@tgpsolutions.com>.
On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 13:56, Dan Bullock wrote:
> Raquel Rice wrote:
>
> >It will read all the .cf files in the directory.
> >

> Are they read in no particular order?

They're read in alphabetical order.  That's why a lot of them are
prefixed with 20_, etc.

- Jon

--
jon@tgpsolutions.com