Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bruno Raoult <br...@raoult.com> on 2000/12/03 14:33:30 UTC

endless loop / jsp file

Hi,

I am using apache & tomcat.  I have some virtual hosts, defined like this:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@zob.com
    DocumentRoot /zob
    ServerName www.zob.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-zob.error_log
    TransferLog /var/log/httpd-zob.access_log
    ApJServMount /servlets /ROOT/servlets
    <Directory "/zob/*/WEB-INF">
        Options None
        Deny from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

In tomcat.conf, I have:
ApJServMount default /root
AddType text/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

And in server.xml:
 <Host name="www.zob.com" >
           <Context path="/servlets"
                    docBase="/zob/servlets"
                    debug="0"
                    reloadable="true" />
 </Host>

The problem is the following: When I access a jsp file in /zob/servlets, it works well. But
if I try to access a jsp file somewhere else (for instance /zob/foo.jsp), a java process hangs,
and takes 100% of my cpu.

If I try to access a non existent jsp file i n/zob/servlets, I get a (correct) 404 page, but if
I try to access a non-existent jsp file somewhere else, tomcat hangs also (100% cpu).

The problem is that after tomcat begins looping, it becomes obviously impossible to
access any other page :-(

Is there something wrong in my configuration?

Bruno.

--
"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux."