Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ciaran Wood <ci...@gamesys.co.uk> on 2010/10/06 17:45:26 UTC

RadioGroup and default validation binding

Hi,

I was doing some work the other day where I had a radio group where the user could not leave the input blank (i.e. they had to choose an option). I added a @Validate("required") annotation to the property that the radio group was reading from, thinking it should pick that up like other components, but it appeared to ignore the annotation. Upon further searching i noticed that all other Fields that support validation (i.e. have a validate parameter) also have a defaultValidate() method that generates the default binding, but in the case of the RadioGroup component that method is missing. Is this a conscious design choice or something that has maybe been overlooked?

Should i raise a JIRA issue for this?

Ciaran Wood