Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by stenver <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/21 09:01:01 UTC

Camel netty encode bug

we tried to set up a custom encoder with netty tcp.

Here was our encoder class, for testing:

@Component("EndOfLineEncoder")
public class EndOfLineEncoder extends OneToOneEncoder{

    @Override
    protected Object encode(ChannelHandlerContext channelHandlerContext,
            Channel channel, Object msg) throws Exception {

        return msg;
    }

}

Here was our routing:

        from("stream:in")
            .to("log:response")

.to("netty:tcp://localhost:10121?sync=true&encoder=#EndOfLineEncoder")
            .to("log:response");

We tried to debug this problem for yours. We finally found out, that it
works, if we change encoder to encoders:

.to("netty:tcp://localhost:10121?sync=true&encoders=#EndOfLineEncoder")

So i guess it may be a bug - it is a single encoder, but it doesnt work if
we use encoder command.

Mediatray for prinitercomponent

Posted by Evert Tigchelaar <E....@minihouse.eu>.
Hi,

I have an question about the printercomponent.
This component does currently not support things like MediaTray, are there any plans
to add support for this printer attribute?

Best regards,
Evert

Re: Camel netty encode bug

Posted by stenver <st...@gmail.com>.
okei, i think i am subscribed now.

Our maven is using this version:

        <version.camel>2.7.1</version.camel>

We do not need a bug fix, as we found out that we need multiple codec. We
are just reporting a bug.

Re: Camel netty encode bug

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Anyway what version of Camel are you using?

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:01 AM, stenver <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we tried to set up a custom encoder with netty tcp.
>
> Here was our encoder class, for testing:
>
> @Component("EndOfLineEncoder")
> public class EndOfLineEncoder extends OneToOneEncoder{
>
>    @Override
>    protected Object encode(ChannelHandlerContext channelHandlerContext,
>            Channel channel, Object msg) throws Exception {
>
>        return msg;
>    }
>
> }
>
> Here was our routing:
>
>        from("stream:in")
>            .to("log:response")
>
> .to("netty:tcp://localhost:10121?sync=true&encoder=#EndOfLineEncoder")
>            .to("log:response");
>

> We tried to debug this problem for yours. We finally found out, that it
> works, if we change encoder to encoders:
>
> .to("netty:tcp://localhost:10121?sync=true&encoders=#EndOfLineEncoder")
>
> So i guess it may be a bug - it is a single encoder, but it doesnt work if
> we use encoder command.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com