Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2012/03/21 16:04:47 UTC

Re: CXF generates badly formated services WSDL

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:18:27 AM Sven Bendel wrote:
> I just found a bug in the current CXF release. Filed it under
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9772857/webserver-generates-badly-forma
> ted-services-wsdl
>
> and got the tip to share it with this mailing list. Can you confirm this
> is a bug?

Is there an actual service deployed on /services?   That's usually for the
service list page which would NOT be a wsdl.  That would be pure HTML which
is what looks like is being returned.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: CXF generates badly formated services WSDL

Posted by Sven Bendel <ub...@googlemail.com>.
Found the problem. I accidentally specified the WSDL endpoint as `
http://www.example.com:8081/TestWS/services` instead of `
http://www.example.com:8081/TestWS/services/MyTestWS`. So the automatically
generated client tried to fetch the WSDL from `
http://www.example.com:8081/TestWS/services?wsdl` which returns an HTML
page, instead of
`http://www.example.com:8081/TestWS/services/MyTestWS?wsdl`which
returns an actual WSDL. So it was false alarm - CXF works absolutely
as expected. Sorry for any inconveniences and thanks for your support!

Posted by Sven Bendel <ub...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sven Bendel <ub...@googlemail.com>.
Well, the file we talk about is fetched from `
http://www.example.com:8081/TestWS/services?wsdl` which should return an
WSDL, shouldn't it? And there is a service deployed on the server. It runs

Posted by Sven Bendel <ub...@googlemail.com>.