Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Robert J. Gebis" <rj...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/25 23:35:23 UTC

Local svn proxy

I was wondering if there is a way to setup local svn proxy so my commits could be committed locally before pushing them to remote server. I am on Mac Book Pro and I am running multiple virtual box with different os to develop/build and test. Right now I have to commit changes from one platform which could be breaking something on other.
Preferred way to handle this would be to have svn proxy of some kind to to keep changes between local uses before pushing them to remote server where other can get it in building state (at least :)

RE: Local svn proxy

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.
> > On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 17:35, Robert J. Gebis
> > <rj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was wondering if there is a way to setup local svn proxy
> > so my commits could be committed locally before pushing them
> > to remote server. I am on Mac Book Pro and I am running
> > multiple virtual box with different os to develop/build and
> > test. Right now I have to commit changes from one platform
> > which could be breaking something on other.
> > Preferred way to handle this would be to have svn proxy of
> > some kind to to keep changes between local uses before
> > pushing them to remote server where other can get it in
> > building state (at least :)

Is this not the sort of thing a branch is for?  Work on the server proper in your own branch and then merge to "trunk" once complete...
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.html

Otherwise, there is a commercial solution that builds on subversion to allow commits to a local server but that would replicate the changes to all others which is not what I think you want.

~ mark c

Re: Local svn proxy

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.