Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Aravindan Vijayan <av...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/21 14:40:11 UTC

Re: [VOTE] - Merge Non rolling upgrade branch - 'HDDS-3698-nonrolling-upgrade'

Hello All,

Circling back to the upgrade branch VOTE thread after fixing issues
mentioned from last vote, and incorporating changes from HDDS-2939. Please
refer to the original VOTE mail for the details of the design and
implementation.

The github feature branch is here:
 https://github.com/apache/ozone/tree/HDDS-3698-nonrolling-upgrade

The design documents as well as feature documentation is put up in the
ozone wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OZONE/Non-Rolling+Upgrade+Framework+Merge+Checklist

The merge discussion thread is:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r463b8f2742994c2f1596541d49d0340c88817958c530bf10694e6a9c%40%3Cdev.ozone.apache.org%3E

Thanks to all contributors for your input into the design, implementing,
testing and review of this feature.

I am starting with my +1.

*The vote will run for 7 days, ending on June 28th 2021 at 8:00 am PT.*

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 8:03 AM Elek, Marton <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks the answer Aravindan.
>
> > If large scale changes
> > are expected after the VOTE, I believe as project PMC/committers we would
> > let the dev know. I am sure we are not trying to get approval for 'A',
> and
> > then merge 'B'.
>
> Just let me clarify it: I am not concerned about large changes after
> VOTE. We already discussed the design and we had a strong agreement.
>
> I am concerned about the small issues which can be fixed easily. But
> here, the power of the community can help: with the following two inputs
> everybody can help to do a final test:
>
>   * at least a basic documentation (we have it)
>   * A commit proposed to be merged (to make it possible to compare the
> results)
>
> This is very similar to what we do for each release. Just do a final
> smoke check to be sure we are fine.
>
> And similar to a release, one small commit can be a big difference (a
> wrong LICENSE can be a release blocker, or one very unstable test can be
> a merge blocker ).
>
> That's the reason why I asked for a commit hash: a well-specified plan
> to vote on. (but as far as I remember I was not the only one...)
>
> Thanks again the answer and the great work,
> Marton

Thanks & Regards,
Aravindan

Re: [VOTE] - Merge Non rolling upgrade branch - 'HDDS-3698-nonrolling-upgrade'

Posted by Mukul Kumar Singh <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,

Mukul