Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Uwe Hanisch <Uw...@t-systems.com> on 2002/09/19 19:54:01 UTC

[axis] faultFlow: Idea behind? How to implement?

How can I influence the reaction of my Web Service
to an expetion. Only by the onFault() method?

How can I present my own faultcode value
to the consumer of my Web Service?

Is the concept of faultFlow still up-to-date?
Is somebody working on it?

How would the faultFlow fit into the message path?
Should'n be there for every part of the message path
- Transport requestFlow,
- Global    requestFlow
- Service   requestFlow
- Service   responseFlow
- Global    responseFlow
- Transport responseFlow
a default faultFlow?

In this case the faultFlow and FaultHandler would be the right place to
create the AxisFault instead of calling the makeFault() method in a
"normal" Handler. And a special Handler - FaultHandler -
should change and set the SOAPFault Element.

The faultFlow would be the right place of a plugable user specific
processing of exception and customization of the SOAPFault.

How about the layer idea  mentioned in the Axis Architecture Guide?
The layer idea could be enhanced by a faultFlow.
So a layer could have:
- a requestFlow
- a responseFlow
- a faultFlow
- a pivot Handler

Ooops, so many questions.
Well, actually I wanted to know, how I can set my own faultcode values.
;-)

Uwe