Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jari Aarniala <fo...@dlc.fi> on 2000/03/22 23:06:56 UTC

Live sites w/ Cocoon?

Hiya.

Anyone running / anyone know of any live sites running Cocoon?

    Jari Aarniala

Re: Live sites w/ Cocoon?

Posted by Ed Knutson <ed...@webcombo.net>.
Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Brett McLaughlin wrote:
>
> > I no longer work there, so dont' blame me if things don't work ;-)  I wrote
> > eveything there, but they have jacked with my XSL some... :-(
> >
> > Still, 100% Cocoon + servlets + ejb + db.
>
> Brett, do you have any idea about load on this site?
>
> I want to deploy cocoon here at our site, however, we are pretty busy
> (1.7 million hits/41000 page requests per day in February). So I was
> wondering if anyone else tested cocoon with such numbers before.

Depends on the hardware, of course, but I'd wait for cocoon2 meself.

- donald

Re: Live sites w/ Cocoon?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> I no longer work there, so dont' blame me if things don't work ;-)  I wrote
> eveything there, but they have jacked with my XSL some... :-(
>
> Still, 100% Cocoon + servlets + ejb + db.

Brett, do you have any idea about load on this site?

I want to deploy cocoon here at our site, however, we are pretty busy
(1.7 million hits/41000 page requests per day in February). So I was
wondering if anyone else tested cocoon with such numbers before.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: Live sites w/ Cocoon?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Tsoloane Moahloli wrote:

> We have built a story server like publishing engine on top of cocoon, and
> these two sites are the first to use it full time.

We are all looking forward to see your storyserver as OpenSource ;-)

Ulrich

Re: Live sites w/ Cocoon?

Posted by Tsoloane Moahloli <ts...@zen.co.za>.
We've got 2 sites currently running on cocoon with another 3 to go
live in the next 4-5 weeks.  The ones that are live are:

www.zen.co.za  (also does WAP)
www.mtnartinst.com

We have built a story server like publishing engine on top of cocoon,
and these two sites are the first to use it full time.
cheers,
Tsoloane

Original Message dated 3/22/00, 10:06:56 PM
Author: "Jari Aarniala" <fo...@dlc.fi>
Re: Live sites w/ Cocoon?:

Hiya.

Anyone running / anyone know of any live sites running Cocoon?

    Jari Aarniala

--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch
with it.

Tsoloane Moahloli
Zen Computing (Pty)Ltd.
phone +27 11 706 7054