Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tom mccarthy <to...@lambelly.com> on 2006/05/10 05:14:15 UTC

vexing path issues

I am a very new user to axis. My installation of axis seems to have gone
well. Am able to deploy web services and see that they are there. Things
seem to compile well. I get no huge errors associated with mandatory
things on the happyaxis page.

My issue is related to the fact that whenever I try to call a web
service from the command line I get:
samples/userguide/example2/CalcClient
What I am specifically trying to run is example2 from the axis user's
guide. I can deploy it (copy it to the axis directory),  and I can see
it is there (at localhost:8080/axis/Calculator.jws) and see the WSDL
file associated with it. Sadly, when I type in
java samples.userguide.example2.CalcClient -p8080 add 2 5
I get the error I mentioned earlier.

I can also deploy as per example3 from the users guide using
java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd
however, when I try to run it using
java samples.userguide.example3.Client
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/MyService "test me"
I get the error I mentioned above.
Also interesting is that I have to use -cp $AXISCLASSPATH while I have
added $AXISCLASSPATH to my path.

Because I am of the belief that this is all associated with a classpath
error somehow I will show you what I have done with my path for axis:
export AXIS_HOME="/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/axis"
export AXIS_LIB="$AXIS_HOME/WEB-INF/lib"
export
AXISCLASSPATH="$AXIS_LIB/axis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-discovery-0.2.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:$AXIS_LIB/jaxrpc.jar:$AXIS_LIB/saaj.jar:$AXIS_LIB/log4j-1.2.8.jar"
export PATH="$PATH:$AXISCLASSPATH"

These things, so far as I know, point to the right places. I would
appreciate any help that can be given me in sorting out these issues.