Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by James Carr <Ja...@carfax.com> on 2011/01/26 19:55:58 UTC

Weird dependency resolution errors when resolving maven deps

Hey All,

I'm trying to configure an existing ivy setup that uses custom confs (jar, war, etc) to pull down maven dependencies via an http resolver. Currently external dependencies are configured like this:

		<dependency conf="jar->default" name="spring-context" org="org.springframework" rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"/>

Which seems to work well however once in awhile this will bring in weird dependencies that I really cannot find in the maven dependency graph for the projects. For example,

		<dependency conf="jar->default" name="spring-amqp" org="org.springframework.amqp" rev="1.0.0.M2"/>

will crap out looking for proprietary sun jars (which is weird as they're mentioned nowhere in the poms) and changing the conf to jar->compile will stop trying to bring those weird dependencies in, yet avoid resolving other things (such as slf4j).

Any help or pointers would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Re: Weird dependency resolution errors when resolving maven deps

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James,

If I'm not mistaken, exclusions in pom.xml are supported since ivy 2.1.0.
Could you try to upgrade to latest ivy version?

Maarten