Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stefan Hedtfeld <my...@xsoftahead.net> on 2008/07/18 01:02:29 UTC

[Tobago] Handling of url protocol vfszip: in JBoss 5.0.0.CR1

Hi,

I'm using tobago-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT on JBoss 5.0.0.CR1. Deploying my
application failed due to an exception in ResourceLocator because JBoss
introduced a new protocol vfszip: for accessing archives. It gives a
warning "Unknown protocol
'vfszip:/home/stefan/as/jboss-5.0.0.CR1/server/devel/deploy/myapp.ear/tobago-theme-speyside-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar/META-INF/tobago-theme.xml'"
and then fails when creating a File instance without the file: protocol.

I tried several ways to access the file correctly, the only way seems to
be to handle this like an archive but going up to directories. I've
attached a diff to give you an impression - I'm not sure if it is the
correct approach to handle this in tobago as I would think if JBoss
introduces a new protocol then this should not impact tobago.

Any thoughts about this?

Regards,

Stefan.

Re: [Tobago] Handling of url protocol vfszip: in JBoss 5.0.0.CR1

Posted by Stefan Hedtfeld <my...@xsoftahead.net>.
Done.

If you are going to handle this (I'm still not sure if this should be
done by tobago) I'm willing to provide a cleaner solution - this is
simply a working example scratched during the night :)

Regards,

Stefan.

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Thanks Stefan,