Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dasarath Weeratunge <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/23 09:10:15 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 Data binding

Hi,

I�m interested in finding out what people are
expecting from axis2 when it comes to data binding.
Until yesterday I was thinking (this may sound naive)
that we would select a particular data-binding tool at
the time we generate code and then that�s it� the
generated code would be tightly coupled with the
selected data binding tool. However Eran was under the
impression that our design should be much more
flexible and users should be able to change the data
binding tool even later on if they so wish.

Since the code generated by each data binding tool is
different (at least when it is done without using
numerous tweaks) switching the data-binding tool once
code has been generated would not be that easy. Some
tools like Castor for instance allows serialization
and de-serialization of objects on the fly but I do
not think this is possible in either XMLBeans or JAXB.

--Dasarath