Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Matías Hernández Arellano <ms...@archlinux.cl> on 2011/09/07 23:28:56 UTC

Connection timeout between C++ client and nodejs server

(sorry for my english)

Hi, i have two apps.. one in C++ (the client) and one writed with nodejs
(javascript, the Thrift server) .. i test this two in localhost (the same
computer) and work well

The Thrift server is listen in port 9090 and the C++ app (the client) try to
open in localhost:9090 and works good.

Now i put this application in two differents computers connected in a LAN ..
i start the server and this work good the server is in ip 192.168.100.20 and
listen on port 9090 (Ubuntu Linux)

The C++ client run and try to open a connection in 192.168.100.20 with port
9090 (Ubuntu Linux) but i got a message TSocket::open() connect() <Host:
192.168.100.20 Port: 9090>Connection timed out ... why i can't do the
connection?

Any idea??

Thanks in advance.

--
Matías Hernández Arellano (msdark)
Tesista Ingeniería Civil Informática

Re: Connection timeout between C++ client and nodejs server

Posted by Dvir Volk <dv...@doat.com>.
Hi Matias,
Looks to me like some firewall issue unrelated to linux.
Can you telnet to the server from the client machine on this port?
Thrift gets stuck on code that is just the simple socket opening and nothing
really thrift-ish, so this is probably some very basic system config issue.

--
Dvir Volk
System Architect, DoAT, http://doat.com