Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Davide Gesino <wi...@libero.it> on 2008/07/02 13:38:36 UTC

javax.xml.rpc.holders.Holder VS javax.xml.ws.Holder... databinding problem?

Hi ,

I have a very weird exception I can't figure out... I guess is a databinding
problem.
First of all this is the stack trace.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/rpc/holders/Holder
 at
com.marconi.platform.bcmp.apps.jnlpLauncher.LauncherClassLoader.loadClass(LauncherClassLoader.java:371)
 at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeWSDLOperations(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:455)
 at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeWSDLOperations(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:182)
 at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromWSDL(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:280)
 at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeServiceModel(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:368)
 at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.create(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:162)
 at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.create(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:97)
 at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createEndpoint(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:74)
 at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientFactoryBean.create(ClientFactoryBean.java:51)
 at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxyFactoryBean.create(ClientProxyFactoryBean.java:92)
 at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.createPort(ServiceImpl.java:387)
 at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.getPort(ServiceImpl.java:282)
 at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:94)
 at ws.v1.tmf854.ConfigurationService.getMultiLayerSubnetworkMgrHttp(Unknown
Source)
 ... 47 more

I get it when CXF (I guess ) tries to bind wsdl operations to java methods.
It seems that someway the binding looks for the old jaxrpc Holder instead on
the new one. This is a nonsense, and it is an (unknown) environment
configuration problem.

Have you got any idea why CXF would be looking for a class that is not
present anymore in the specification?
Could it be some error in the wsdl2java generation mechanism, that somehow
binds the holder to the jaxrpc  1.1 kind?
Sorry if my questions are pretty vague, but the exception I get is weird as
well...

Re: javax.xml.rpc.holders.Holder VS javax.xml.ws.Holder... databinding problem?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
At this point in the code, all we are doing is calling the
getMethods() call on the SEI class.   Thus, double check the SEI
interface to make sure it's importing the correct Holder or double
check the classpath to make sure the correct
MultiLayerSubnetworkMgrHttp is there.

Dan

On Jul 2, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Davide Gesino wrote:

> [...]
> at
> ws
> .v1.tmf854.ConfigurationService.getMultiLayerSubnetworkMgrHttp(Unknown
> Source)
> ... 47 more
>

> I get it when CXF (I guess ) tries to bind wsdl operations to java
> methods.
> It seems that someway the binding looks for the old jaxrpc Holder
> instead on
> the new one. This is a nonsense, and it is an (unknown) environment
> configuration problem.
>
> Have you got any idea why CXF would be looking for a class that is not
> present anymore in the specification?
> Could it be some error in the wsdl2java generation mechanism, that
> somehow
> binds the holder to the jaxrpc  1.1 kind?
> Sorry if my questions are pretty vague, but the exception I get is

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog