Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/18 10:28:23 UTC

Retry task available in svn head

Hi all,

Based on the feedback, I modified the task a little (only support 1
nested task) and threw together some doc.

Please -1 if you think this is unsuitable/broken/smells funny

Thanks,
Kev

Re: Retry task available in svn head

Posted by Guntis Ozols <gu...@latnet.lv>.
+            } catch (Exception e) {
+                if (i<retryCount) {
+                    log("Attempt ["+i+"] error occured, retrying...", e,
Project.MSG_INFO);
+                } else {
+                    throw new BuildException("Task
["+nestedTask.getTaskName()+"] failed after ["+retryCount+"] attempts, giving
up");

I do not know very much about ant exception handling in general.
So it seems to me that e is lost in some cases and I think it is not a good
idea.

Guntis