Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com> on 2011/09/13 17:40:32 UTC

FOP font warning invalid

FOP spits out warning messages on the transform.

Sep 13, 2011 11:32:54 AM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: Font "Lucida Sans Typewriter,normal,700" not found.
Substituting with "Lucida Sans Typewriter,normal,600".

I never told it to use 700.  My FO file just has font-weight="bold".
Is there a simple fix for this or do I just have to save the font's
actual weight where I'm loading in my custom fonts and replace the word
bold?

Re: FOP font warning invalid

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

This URL might help you better understand the error message:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#font-weight

Just out of curiousity, what FOP version are you using? There was a
fix recently touching on that area of code which might solve your
problem.

Hope that helps

Mehdi

Re: FOP font warning invalid

Posted by "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>.
On 09/13/2011 02:42 PM, Eric Douglas wrote:
> Is there an official keyword list?

Yes, the link previously posted: <URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#font-weight >.

~Chris
“The present tendency and drift towards the Police State gives all
 free Americans pause.” — Alabama Supreme Court, 1955
 (Pike v. Southern Bell Tel. & Telegraph, 81 So.2d 254)

RE: FOP font warning invalid

Posted by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com>.
font-weight="demibold"
doesn't give me a font replace message, and doesn't print bold.
700 = bold?
600 = ?
Is there an official keyword list?

Re: FOP font warning invalid