Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2019/11/25 09:27:17 UTC

[slack-digest] [2019-11-24] #general

2019-11-24 15:12:37 UTC - roax47: Hi all, I have a question regarding certificates in kubernetes deployment. When accessing API gateway from browser for the first time, by default you're informed about certificate being invalid/expired and you have to manually allow access to the site. How can I change the current API cerftificate in Kubernetes deployment ? Is the values.yaml the place to go and if so, what values should I change ?
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1574608357430300
----
2019-11-24 22:04:02 UTC - Ali Tariq: Hi guys, i am testing burst workload with kubernetes deployment of openwhisk. I have a 6-node (baremetal) cluster which i am using for testing (master only contains the control layer and only workers are labeled invokers (Nodes 1 to 5)). I am trying to scaleup the concurrency limit of my deployment. I increased the default `containerpool` from `2048m` to `51200m` (container pool of 200) and tested around (i also change the `actionsInvokesPerminute`, `actionsInvokesConcurrent`, `triggersFiresPerminute` to large values so i could see the deployment behaviour), everything worked fine. But when i tried to increase the `containerpool` to `218600m` (container pool of 1100), while servicing incoming request bursts - invoker becomes unavailable for sometime (becomes overloaded). The acutal respose `<Response [503]> b'{\n  "code": "4M0NoeNUjVmc6p1HpBYL7ipXHVKo3uuB",\n  "error": "The server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded or down for maintenance)."\n}'`. The bahaviour suggest i need to configure more than just `containerpool` to scaleup. Can someone please guide me how to properly configure scaleup. thanks!
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1574633042430600?thread_ts=1574633042.430600&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----