Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Minne, John" <jm...@pointserve.com> on 2005/09/22 10:26:12 UTC

Variable or Reference Data Writer

Hello,

Is there currently a way to write variable values to a file?

I couldn't find anything.

Regex Extractors and string templates would do a great job of creating
the data I need, but I can't find a way to output the data in the Regex
'Reference'.  Ideally I would be able to append to a log file on each
thread iteration, not just create a new output file each time.

I'm imagining a listener called a 'Complex Data Writer'

For now I guess I'll just 'Save Responses to a file' and merge and parse
the data with scripts.

Thanks for any help,

John

JMeter Rocks

John Minne Jr.

Test Engineer

jminne@pointserve.com

Re: Variable or Reference Data Writer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The __log() and __logn() functions can be used to write to jmeter.log.
However this is recreated each time.

The JavaTest Sampler can be used to create a sample which includes
variables, and the sample can be written to a file, which will be
appended to.

S.