Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/01/15 00:00:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc4

Hi everyone,
The next RC of core Java UIMA framework, RC4, is ready for testing.
RC 3 had a multi-threading problem and never got posted... RC 4 fixed that and
improved performance in a couple of areas.

Verses 2.6.0, this version has lots of changes. These are summarized in the
README and RELEASE_NOTES. The list of changes in Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.7.0SDK%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

The source and binary zip/tars and the Eclipse update site are staged to
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.7.0-rc4

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1044/

The SVN tags are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.7.0/

and for the Eclipse Update Site:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-eclipse-update-site-2.7.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to test
release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE]]CANCEL] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Due to some problems found in testing. I'll be rolling back the release shortly.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.7.0 rc4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
uima 2.7.0 rc4 testing

Eclipse install OK - ran CDE on Luna (4.4.1)
signatures OK
compare svn tag with source-release - OK (note that some cpe test checkpoint
artifacts sneaked into the source-release)
build from src after clearing local .m2 uimaj things - OK
Issues fixed: # differ by 4 due to
    UIMA-4049 - Resolution is "Done" - no code fixes  (OK)
    UIMA-4075 - Resolution is "Not a Problem" (OK)
    UIMA-4016 - Test type (OK)
    UIMA-4090 - Test type (OK)
adjust example paths - ok
run document analyzer - ok
spot check Javadocs and regular docs, including copyright (was updated to 2015) - ok
check of readme, release notes
    README has duplicate paragraph
(-Duima.disable_enhanced_check_wrong_add_to_index) - not a blocker
    RELEASE_NOTES has a bad links "the Reference chapter" and "CAS Reference
Chapter" - not a blocker I think
check of licenses notices - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

Re: Getting the 2.7.0 plugins to install and work in Eclipse Kepler

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Great work, Peter!

I've reopened the Jira, and am fixing this, for those projects which specified
the required execution environment.

The ones that didn't specify this (the debug, jcasgen, launcher, and pear
packager) don't have any Java 7 dependencies, so I didn't change those.

-Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
I'll take a look (tomorrow).

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

    From: UIMA Tools (includes Runtime) 2.7.0
(org.apache.uima.tools.feature.group 2.7.0)
    To: org.apache.uima.caseditor [2.7.0]