Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Prashant <pr...@pramati.com> on 2006/09/15 11:36:42 UTC

CVS/ SVN Modified file selector

Hello All:

Does anyone know if there is there a <fileset> selector that can select
a CVS /SVN Modified files ?

I would like to select all CVS modified files from a directory, and back
them up or whatever.

Thanks
-Prashant

Re: CVS/ SVN Modified file selector

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

I do not know such a selector out of the box.

There is a svn antlib, but I do not know if it contains this.

Using the svn status command, should be possible to write that.

The selector idea is good in principle, what will be difficult will be to implement it in an efficient way. Meaning not starting svn status on each file of interest.

Maybe run svn status on the whole directory of the first file which gets queried, and hold the results in an array in memory ?

Where I am working we wanted also to write a selector to find the "rogue" files in a ClearCase sandbox. What we did in the end was to write a task which takes as attributes a directory to scan and a reference name and creates a new fileset, with id the reference passed as parameter. This way you do not have to do any assumptions (about when your selector will be called) and you start "cleartool.exe" only once. Similar would be true when developing similar functionalities (finding modified files, finding rogue files) for SVN or CVS.

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:06:42 +0530