Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dan Ballance <tz...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/20 14:05:53 UTC

fatal: repository couchdb-documentation.git not found

Hi,

Is there some kind of server issues guys? My Salt deployment is breaking
currently:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb-documentation.git
Cloning into 'couchdb-documentation'...
fatal: repository '
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb-documentation.git/' not
found

Has something moved or changed maybe? I'm sure this was building okay for
me a couple of weeks ago.

Dan

Re: fatal: repository couchdb-documentation.git not found

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Yes, the repository moved to

  https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb-documentation.git

along with a few other repos (couchdb, fauxton, nano, etc.) This
was announced on the dev@ mailing list since it generally doesn't
impact end users of CouchDB.

If you update your git clone to reflect the current CouchDB master,
your build will work again.

Alternately, if you need CouchDB 2.0.0, download the full source
code tarball from https://couchdb.apache.org/#download and you
won't need to access any external source code repositories in the
build process.

-Joan

Posted by Dan Ballance <tz...@gmail.com>.
Hmm... I'm a little confused. So this is the 2.0.x build process that's
failing when I run:

./configure --disable-docs

I don't have any control over how these dependencies are installed AFAIK.
These are rebar dependencies that are failing aren't they?

ERROR: 'get-deps' failed while processing /usr/local/src/couchdb:
rebar_abort

I don't know too much about the Erlang eco system I'm afraid. Maybe there
is a way for me to control these dependencies via ./configure? Any help
massively appreciated,

Dan

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Dan, the git repo has moved. You can get it directly from github
github.com/apache/CouchDB-documentation

Cheers
Garren

Posted by Dan Ballance <tz...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, thank you!

And yes, no problem at all to move on to 2.1.0 once it's released. I'll be
sure to keep an eye on this.

Thanks again for the amazing support on this list today folks, massively
appreciated,

Dan

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.