Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Natalie Vilenkin <NA...@amdocs.com> on 2002/02/13 16:02:20 UTC

filter and authentication

Hello.

To our knowledge, a request for a servlet is followed by an authentication
done by the web server (for example Base / Form authentication etc.).
We are interested in using the filtering mechanism (javax.servlet.Filter).

Our question is: What happens before what when a request is made by a
client: Filtering and then authentication, or authentication an then
filtering

a) client -> filter -> authentication -> servlet
or
b) client -> authentication -> filter -> servlet

Thanks in advance,
Ilana and Natalie

RE: filter and authentication

Posted by Nicholas Lesiecki <ni...@eblox.com>.
not sure personally...you could check the servlet spec but it may depend on
your container.

how does this pertain to your cactus use? (Or is it a general question?)

Cheers,

nick