Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ruslan Valiyev <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/28 19:58:23 UTC

mod_rewrite

Hi all.

I just installed Roller 3.0 on my Solaris 10 server with Tomcat 5.5.
I have my blog at http://localhost/roller

Question: how do I make Tomcat "mod_rewrite" the URL to
http://localhost ?

Thank you in advance.

Re: mod_rewrite

Posted by Richard Jones <ri...@pixyblog.com>.
Hi,

Here's my 'working' set-up for Mod_JK, Tomcat 5 & Apache 2

> Making roller the default Tomcat Webapp:

Change roller.xml to ROOT.xml

In ROOT.xml the context path should be "", as follows:

<Context path="" docBase="ROOT">

Move the roller webapp to the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/ dir.

That should get Roller running at http://localhost:8080/ instead of
http://localhost:8080/roller/

> Tomcat, mod_jk and Apache 2.0

Get mod_jk configured for your apache installation.  From my
httpd.conf I have the following:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile "conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel error

JkMount /* default

Then the workers.properties:

workers.tomcat_home=/opt/tomcat
workers.java_home=$JAVA_HOME
ps=/
worker.list=default

worker.default.port=8009
worker.default.host=localhost
worker.default.type=ajp13
worker.default.lbfactor=1

That should be it.  It was a while ago that I did it, but I can't
think of any other steps I made.

HTH

- Richard

Re: mod_rewrite