Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tenenbaum <dt...@systemsbiology.org> on 2006/12/15 22:26:09 UTC

mvn assembly:assembly only adding one dependency jar to assembly

Hello,

I am trying to create an assembly which has the functionality of the
predefined jar-with-dependencies assembly, with one difference, namely
that one specific dependency jar is excluded.

I'm having a problem getting it to work. Instead of including all the
dependency jars minus one with my code, it just includes a single one.

Here is the relevant section of the pom:
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <descriptors>

<descriptor>cytoscape-plugin-assembly.xml</descriptor>
                    </descriptors>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

And here is the assembly xml file:

<assembly>
  <id>plugin</id>
  <formats>
    <format>jar</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <outputFileNameMapping></outputFileNameMapping>
      <unpack>true</unpack>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
            <excludes>
                <exclude>cytoscape:cytoscape</exclude>
            </excludes>
    </dependencySet>
  </dependencySets>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
      <directory>target/classes</directory>
      <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
</assembly>

The relevant output of "mvn clean;mvn assembly:assembly" is:
[INFO] [assembly:assembly]
[INFO] Expanding:
/users/dtenenba/.m2/repository/axis/axis/1.4/axis-1.4.jar into
/users/dtenenba/IdeaProjects/uddibrowser/target/assembly/work
[INFO] Building jar:
/users/dtenenba/IdeaProjects/uddibrowser/target/uddibrowser-1.0-SNAPSHOT-plugin.jar

As you can see, axis-1.4.jar was the only jar file whose contents were
added to the output jar. I definitely have more dependencies defined in
my pom, otherwise the code would not build.

I tried getting rid of the exclude and explicitly including every jar I
want:
      <includes>
          <include>wsdl4j:wsdl4j</include>
          <include>axis:axis-ant</include>
          <include>axis:axis-jaxrpc</include>
          <include>commons-discovery:commons-discovery</include>
          <include>commons-logging:commons-logging</include>
          <include>javax.activation:activation</include>
          <include>javax.mail:mail</include>
          <include>jgoodies:forms</include>
          <include>log4j:log4j</include>
          <include>saaj:saaj</include>
          <include>uddi4j:uddi4j</include>
      </includes>

That resulted in the same output as above. Just for grins I got rid of
this line to see what would happen:
          <include>axis:axis</include>

This time it picked another jar to include, seemingly at random:
[INFO] [assembly:assembly]
[INFO] Expanding:
/users/dtenenba/.m2/repository/jgoodies/forms/1.0.7/forms-1.0.7.jar into
/users/dtenenba/IdeaProjects/uddibrowser/target/assembly/work
[INFO] Building jar:
/users/dtenenba/IdeaProjects/uddibrowser/target/uddibrowser-1.0-SNAPSHOT-plugin.jar

Why isn't it including everything I want included? It's driving me crazy....

Hope someone can help.
Thanks

Re: mvn assembly:assembly only adding one dependency jar to assembly

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On 12/15/06, Dan Tenenbaum <dt...@systemsbiology.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create an assembly which has the functionality of the
> predefined jar-with-dependencies assembly, with one difference, namely
> that one specific dependency jar is excluded.
>
> I'm having a problem getting it to work. Instead of including all the
> dependency jars minus one with my code, it just includes a single one.

I am struggling with the same problem at the moment, did you ever find
a solution?