Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se> on 2009/02/11 09:09:26 UTC

Snapshots repositories, how should they work?

This might be a newbie question, bit I have tried to find documentation
explaining how snapshot repositories should work... can anyone give me a
pointer?

We have an internal repository (nexus) and a build server (continuum) which
works fine with released artifacts etc

However I cannot get automatic download of snapshot dependencies to work
successfully...?

I have added a snapshot-enabled repository to my settings and it does try to
download it, but it seems it gets the timestamp/build number incorrect all
the time!

For instance, I can see that maven is trying to download:
Downloading:
http://nexus:8081/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots/com.my.common/poms/my-artifact-0.11-20090211.000500-295.pom

But when I check the repo manually, the latest snapshot was  actually named:
http://nexus:8081/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots/com.my.common/poms/my-artifact-0.11-20090211.000348-293.pom

What am I doing wrong?