Posted to general@tcl.apache.org by Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/06/24 07:39:07 UTC

forms...

ppl i installed mod_tcl today in my apache 2.0.46 and i did a
search engine for a plain text db..
when i use it like http://status.lonis.org/search/?q=*s* everything
works just fine but if i go to my page http://status.lonis.org and use
the form the browser changes the * to %2A thats no prob since i *could*
replace that to * but in env(QUERY_STRING) i have this
QUERY_STRING=q=0X1.BDB3C00000002P-894test0X1.C8D70081B3CEP+4
when i go to http://status.lonis.org/stat.tcl?q=%2Atest%2A
and the QUERY_STRING always changes to something else...i guess it has
something to do with that env(UNIQUE_ID)...my question is: how can i
convert the text in env(QUERY_string) to the normal one like %2A or *

???
tks in advance

Kiko

Re: forms...

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca> writes:

Hi - you reached the wrong mailing list - the correct one is now
CC'ed.

> ppl i installed mod_tcl today in my apache 2.0.46 and i did a search
> engine for a plain text db..  when i use it like
> http://status.lonis.org/search/?q=*s* everything works just fine but
> if i go to my page http://status.lonis.org and use the form the
> browser changes the * to %2A thats no prob since i *could* replace
> that to * but in env(QUERY_STRING) i have this
> QUERY_STRING=q=0X1.BDB3C00000002P-894test0X1.C8D70081B3CEP+4 when i
> go to http://status.lonis.org/stat.tcl?q=%2Atest%2A and the
> QUERY_STRING always changes to something else...i guess it has
> something to do with that env(UNIQUE_ID)...my question is: how can i
> convert the text in env(QUERY_string) to the normal one like %2A or
> *

> ???
> tks in advance

Good question, I'll let Michael Link answer it:-)

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/