Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2000/06/10 16:32:30 UTC

ServerName?

Is apache presently using the ServerName config option?

david

-----------------------------------
This message was sent with the demo version of Postmaster, a BeOS mail client.
For more information, please visit http://kennyc.com/postmaster

Re: ServerName?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
The problem for ServerName is that ap_fini_vhost_config() is called
(from ap_read_config()) before the config tree is actually processed.
The ServerName directive hasn't been squirrel-ed away yet.

For the moment, I moved ap_fini_vhost_config() from ap_read_config()
to a point in main() right after ap_process_config_tree() is called.
Unfortunately, I'm now dying in open_multi_logs()...  I imagine it is
related but I don't know for sure yet.
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: ServerName?

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
yeah the same.  The box I use for the testing has some problems with DNS as
it lives inside a private network, so I normally just set the ServerName and
all is well, except it isn't!

Bit of a surprise after finally getting Apache building on my BeOS
development system!

david
Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.