Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by mrrothstein <mr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 22:46:18 UTC

No DestinationFactory was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat

I'm trying to create a service that has soap and pure xml bindings.

I tried following instructions at:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/pure-xml.html

I have the following dependencies in my maven project:

My beans file looks like this:

My wsdl:

I am able to generate code with the wsdl2java maven plugin. However, when I
go to deploy the war, I get an exception:

No DestinationFactory was found for the namespace
http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Re: No DestinationFactory was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat

Posted by mrrothstein <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hmm... Well the validation error is coming from eclipse juno validator. I am
able to use the wsdl with cxf wsdl2java to generate the service and both
(pure/soap) interfaces work. So, maybe there is no issue in CXF and it's an
issue with the eclipse validator?

Re: No DestinationFactory was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mar 28, 2013, at 8:14 PM, mrrothstein <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wasn't sure what component this belongs in, so I left it blank.

Well, that's not the bug..   I just checked the schema:
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/wsdl/xml-binding.xsd

There isn't an xformat:address element so it shouldn't be there.   That's why there isn't a destinationfactory for that namespace.    The bug is that the http:address SHOULD be valid when used with the xformat.   That should validate fine.   That would be a tooling issue I think.

Dan

Daniel Kulp

Re: No DestinationFactory was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat

Posted by mrrothstein <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mar 27, 2013, at 10:20 AM, mrrothstein <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like that dependency is already there when the war is built.
>
> I've tracked the problem down to using xformat:address element:
>

> I can get everything to work by changing the address element to
> <http:address ..., the only problem is the wsdl is no longer valid.
> Validation fails with:
>
> "An HTTP address cannot be specified here as the 'XMLBinding' binding that
> the 'XMLPort' port refers to does not have an HTTP
> binding element defined. There must be an HTTP binding element defined in
> order to specify an HTTP address for a binding."
>
> WSDL from wsdl_first_pure_xml/src/main/resources/wsdl/hello_world.wsdl fails
> with the same validation error.

Ick.  That's definitely a validation bug.   Can you log that?

> Is there any way to address this? Should HTTPTransportFactory declare
> xformat as one of it's DEFAULT_NAMESPACES or maybe I'm missing something…

Ideally no, I'd need to double check a few things though.

Dan

> Thanksb

Daniel Kulp

Re: No DestinationFactory was found for the namespace http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You need also add

<dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
         <artifactId>cxf-rt-bindings-xml</artifactId>
      </dependency>
to your pom.xml

Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.